Friday, February 26, 2016

Adventures in Match.com: Part IV

This may be my last post on the topic for a while, or potentially forever, as things are looking pretty promising with one of the guys I met at a previous Match event. We went on a first date last night, and are definitely planning on more. But that is ALL I'm saying about that.

On Wednesday, I attended my fourth Match event. It was...interesting. This time, it was a speed dating event at the Hard Rock Cafe in LoDo. For this former fundie homeschooler, it was my first ever trip to the Hard Rock Cafe. As I walked up the stairs to where we were meeting, I laughed a little to myself about how horrified teenage me would have been, going into such an establishment. I really do NOT miss that life at all!

I ordered a drink, and sat down at a table with a girl, Arikka (pronounced "Erica") who looked to be about my age. We started talking and hit it off pretty well. She won massive points with me immediately by telling me I had lipstick on my teeth and needed to get rid of it. By the time we were separated for the speed awkwardness dating to begin, we decided that, if nothing else, she and I would be friends.

I was then ordered to my table, and we were instructed on what would happen: The women would stay seated, and the men would rotate around the room to us. We'd have five minutes to get to know each other, and then would be notified to move on. Some of those five minutes were really hilarious, and some were supremely awkward. One guy told me about how he was at the Broncos/Bengals game in December, and how he's really good at talking his way into things for free. Then he asked if I had any stories like his and I went..."Um...I broke a vertebra falling off the couch once..."

The evening ended, and I left without feeling like I'd met any possibilities in the relationship arena. I am glad, however, that it seems as though I got a new gal pal out of it. I'm not really bummed about not meeting any prospects, as it seems as though things might be blossoming with one particular person anyway. I'm not going to say much at all about how that all goes on here though. My friends can just deal with being blog fodder, but I'm not going to subject a poor guy to that right off the bat. Plus...I have to keep some mystery about my life, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment