Tuesday, August 8, 2017

A Dauntless in Denver Wedding Week: Part 8

Final part! We're home now, and the kitties couldn't be more thrilled. They're chasing each other, but staying very nearby. They weren't happy to be left alone for 24 hours between the time that Leslie and Ryan left, and the time Andy and I got home! They were also unhappy that I didn't have any wet food for them until Andy got home from his trip to the gym and grocery store. I was pretty sure they were about to attack and eat *me* even though they had dry food upstairs.

Our plan was to leave the hotel this morning by 10, but we got out almost an hour earlier than that. Aside from a few traffic backups, that I mostly slept through, our trip home was uneventful, and we pulled in a little after 1pm.

We came in to happy kitties, lots of packages- some we ordered, some wedding presents- and more leftover P.F. Chang's and wedding cake than I think we could ever possibly eat. Trying to consolidate all of that food into a more organized chaos in the refrigerator took almost an hour. Not even kidding. All that time, the kitties were circling me and yowling for wet food.

I got things unpacked, washed some dishes, wrote some thank you notes, and got some things organized in the master bathroom.

No, we didn't have a big honeymoon right now, we're planning that for later, and mostly because of money. But I'm actually glad about that. The wedding has me exhausted, and I'm ready to be home, settle into post-wedding life, and rest. Had we gone on a big honeymoon now, I'd have been exhausted and wouldn't have enjoyed it at all. As it was, I didn't have a lot of energy to do a whole lot. But now we can plan for a trip, when things are much calmer, and I don't have a thousand other things to take care of.

Yes, it's a short post, and not very exciting, but it's me returning to real life. I have several other posts coming up this week, so watch for them. My hope is to get into a daily cadence for posts. I have been wanting to put a lot more into this blog since quitting my job, but the wedding took up too much mental energy.

I can't wait to see how life unfolds, now that we're back home, and settling into married life. 

1 comment: