Saturday, August 5, 2017

A Dauntless in Denver Wedding Week: Part 5

Friday morning, we woke up and smiled at each other, because we were finally married! Corny, but true. Andy was ready to go long before I was- I think I will need a month to recover from this wedding stuff. Lemme tell  you, small wedding does NOT equal low stress. Holy wow. There's still the venue and the people coming in, and the officiant, and the cake, and the flowers, and the license, and the rings, and the honeymoon, and the meals, and the photographer, and the clothes, and other things I am sure I'm missing.

I slept a few more hours, while Andy worked out, went and got breakfast, and then got a chair massage at our hotel. I was going to, but decided sleep was way better.

We walked around Estes Park for a bit and had lunch at Mama Rosa's before heading out. We stopped in at the bookstore, where I got a book about the hauntings of the Stanley, and a book on the history of Wonder Woman. I have no idea when I'm going to read them- this Dauntless has serious Erudite tendencies, and I'm pretty sure I have about 50 unread books at home, not to mention all the ones on my Kindle- but I am excited to read them when I can. We also stopped in a sock shop, where I found some pretty awesome socks I couldn't help but buy for the boys I used to babysit before moving out here.

Andy decided to drive through Rocky Mountain National Park on our way to Glenwood Springs. The day before, the mountains were barely visible in the park. But this time? Bright, clear, brilliant mountains. Of course. A combination of exhaustion and bitterness caused me to sleep most of the way through the park.

Our drive to Glenwood Springs was mostly uneventful, minus the gravel roads we were on for the better part of an hour. I fought the lack of internet signal to try and do some blog writing, and I eventually won, though it took far longer than usual.

We checked into The Hotel Colorado (and I canNOT get "Hotel California" out of my head), which is a historic hotel, opened in 1893. It does not have air conditioning. But it's cool and historic, and Teddy Roosevelt used to call it his "second White House," so there's that. The back lawn area is quite pretty, though.

Dinner was nothing but nachos with chicken at the Glenwood Canyon Brew Pub (delicious, by the way- definitely worth having!), followed by an hour in the Iron Mountain Hot Springs. We love that place, because it has different pools at different temperatures, and they're all set up like large hot tubs. If you're lucky, you can get one to yourself. We weren't so lucky. It was pretty busy while we were there.

After that, we went back to the hotel and slept very soundly. First full day of marriage= success!

No comments:

Post a Comment